- October 1, 2016 - December 31, 2021
8:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Please ignore the date on this ticket. Once you sign up for this self-paced course, you have ongoing access to course materials.
An Introduction to Rich Story Development offers a clear, concise and down-to-earth journey into topics about story development including the narrative metaphor, landscapes of stories, double listening, loitering with intent, mapping meaning and action, personal agency, listening for resonance, making links, and neurobiology. The course is organized into six lessons (see below) and illustrated with edited video clips from Maggie’s June, 2014 workshop in Shelburne, Vermont, Catching up with Narrative therapy: The Art of Going Slowly with Intent . Registration gives unlimited access to all course materials, the Course Conversation Forum and to three recorded one-hour Webinars. You can start this course at anytime: All course materials are available on-demand, and adaptable to personal schedules. For an additional $20, registrants can earn 12 APA approved CE credits through Alliant International University.
- Gain an understanding of the ways in which the various micro-practices of Narrative Therapy are linked.
- Develop skills in inviting the development and embodiment of rich stories of self.
- Be able to identify small openings for story development.
- Gain an enhanced understanding of the conceptual landscape of identity.
- Utilize appropriate pathways to the development of stories of personal agency.
- Attend to the constraints of time and resource in workplace settings.
We are thrilled to welcome Maggie Carey, a member of Narrative Practices Adelaide- the center Michael started in 2008, just a few months before his untimely death. In this course, Maggie presents ideas and practices that she has gathered as a close associate of Michael White – his writings, his ideas, his work. She respectfully extends Michael’s metaphors of story, maps and landscape to create an overall map, offering clear pathways to rich story development.
If you have already registered, click here to access the course:
Our courses are self-paced. Each lesson takes about two hours. Anyone can start at any time – although we usually first introduce a course with scheduled webinars.