Welcome to Our Event Calendar!
Monthly Collab Salons, Online Course Webinars and Workshops are now integrated into one calendar! Check below the calendar for some further information.
- Collab Salons take place every third Sunday at 5pm NY time. We usually meet for an hour to 1.15 hours (unless otherwise listed). Become a Collab Member to participate in these meetings-on-a-cloud.
- All Online Courses are self-guided, and available 24/7. Events for Online courses are on the schedule including our new course, Escaping Blame: Helping couples develop account-ability with Larry Zucker.
- Workshops – and Narrative Camp– March 28-30, 2018, A Narrative Gathering in San Diego, California. Building on the Legacy of Michael White. Registration Now Open!
A Special Year: the 10th Anniversary of Michael White’s Passing
This year will mark the 10th anniversary of Michael White’s death. It’s a time for reflection, as we trace some of Michael’s contributions to our practices and thinking including his careful attention to language, artful question-asking and respectful stance. In 2018, instead of our annual Vermont June workshop and camp, Re-authoring Teaching is partnering with Narrative Initiatives San Diego (NISD) to offer a narrative gathering on Coronado Island, San Diego in March 2018. Building on the legacy of Michael White: A decade of Narrative Developments will will look back and spring forward as we come together to reimagine narrative therapy.
Narrative Gathering on Coronado Island, San Diego: March 28-30, 2018
A Collaborative Venture: Both NISD and Re-Authoring Teaching as non-profits share common missions. Both missions include the commitment to protecting, sharing, and expanding Narrative ideas into the future. However, while NISD’s mission centers more around growing the local community in San Diego, Re-Authoring Teaching’s mission focuses on connecting the broader international community. Themes of Local and Global knowledges are shaping this Gathering.
We hope you will join us as we look back together on the rich history of Michael’s work as well as reflect on the ways we have carried on these past 10 years after the loss of Michael, keeping close to his work and proposing further developments. The Gathering is designed with multiple formats, creating opportunities for many to speak and reflect about their continued work. We imagine coming together as a local community in San Diego and an international global community to consider Michael’s influence on the field and how narrative practices have been developed over the last decade to influence each of us and our respective communities in particular ways. We’re not thinking of this Gathering as a “conference” per se, in the sense of having privileged voices of experts talking and others taking notes. Rather, we offer a context for community learning, for centering and de-centering practices, for layers of multigenerational, diverse conversations that reflect on a variety of topics, personal, local and global.
Please consider joining us.
Jan Ewing – Founder, NISD & Peggy Sax – Founder, Re-Authoring Teaching
Themes: The following themes will be points of conversation at the Gathering:
- Reflections from David Epston on the history of Narrative Therapy and the legacy of Michael White
- Watching a Michael White video with introduction from Tom Carlson
- Developments within multi-cultural contexts including Spanish-speaking communities with comments from Marcela Polanco
- New developments in the work of integrative health & embodied narratives with Jan Ewing and Ron Estes
- Expressive and performative arts with Danielle Drake and Shoshana Simons
- Race conversations with Travis Heath
- Global Initiatives with Peggy Sax & international guests
- Education and Training for the future
- July 1, 2016 - January 1, 2021
Please ignore any dates listed here. Registration for this self-paced course is open and ongoing. We will do our best to schedule webinars when requested by groups who sign up together.
- October 1, 2016 - December 31, 2021
8:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Please ignore the date on this ticket. Once you sign up for this self-paced course, you have ongoing access to course materials.
Registration for this self-paced course is open and ongoing. We will do our best to schedule webinars when requested by groups who sign up together.
- January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2019
12:00 pm - 11:55 pm
- Please ignore the date/time for this course. Once you sign up, you will have ongoing access to materials. The only dates are for the live webinars - you can also watch the recordings anytime.
Registration for this self-paced course is open and ongoing. If you register before September 25, 2016, you have the added opportunity to participate in six live webinars.
- January 7, 2017 - July 9, 2021
12:00 am - 2:00 am
Registration for this self-paced course is open and ongoing. Please ignore any dates. We will do our best to schedule webinars when requested by groups who sign up together.
- January 27, 2019 - June 30, 2019
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- February 3, 2019 - July 7, 2019
5:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This consultation group is for people who have taken- or are taking- Larry Zucker’s online course: Escaping Blame: Helping Couples Develop Account-ability. We hope that this group will provide you an exciting opportunity to develop your narrative practice with couples in a small, safe and supportive context. We will divide the time up evenly so that everyone gets their share of the group’s support.
- February 7, 2019 - July 4, 2019
11:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The Em-BODY-ing Conversations Training Group is for practitioners interested in exploring an affective-discursive approach to clinical work that integrates EMDR Therapy and somatic-oriented practices with Narrative Therapy both philosophically and practically. Meeting monthly through Zoom, this training is appropriate for mental health workers who have some familiarity with one or more of the following modalities: Narrative Therapy, EMDR Therapy, Interpersonal Neurobiology, Somatic Therapies and are curious about moving toward integrative work.
- February 9, 2019 - July 13, 2019
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This consultation group is for people who are interested in having perhaps difficult or uncomfortable conversations around difference with regards to race and privilege in the therapy room. Our hope is that this group will provide clinicians an opportunity to uncover possible blind spots and biases around differences and to work through situations or hiccups that we may have encountered in relationship to our clients and maybe our daily lives.
- February 21, 2019 - July 18, 2019
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
The EM-BODY-ing Conversations Consultation Group is limited to 12 mental health workers or educators who have had experience with either EMDR or Somatic-Oriented Therapies in addition to a Narrative Therapy approach. Some registrants will have participated in the 2017 Em-BODY-ing Conversations Consultation Group. Experienced practitioners can sign up for this consultation group while concurrently taking the Em-BODY-ing Conversations Training Group. The focus is on an affective-discursive approach to clinical work that integrates EMDR Therapy and somatic-oriented practices with a Narrative Therapy both philosophically and practically.
- Narrative Camp Accomodation
June 14, 2019 - June 21, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sign up for accommodation for either 4 nights (Sunday-Thursday June 16-20, 2019) or 7 nights (Friday-Friday, June 14-21, 2019).