July 16, 2023
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Re-Membering Writing Practices
with Sarah Beth Hughes
July 16, 2023 Collab Salon: 4:00 – 5:30 pm NY time
A few years ago I was struggling with a problem and I wished I could consult with Michael White about it. I felt hopelessly stuck ,as Michael had died more than a decade earlier. Then I remembered how I still feel him in me, how he helps me in sessions ask more interesting questions. I remembered to re-member. I wrote to him and he wrote back. It started a whole imagined conversation, in writing, that helped unstick me from the problem. Since then, as I have been developing my writing practices, I noticed authoring a life takes a team.Who do you want on your team? In your club of life? Who do you long to talk to? Sarah Beth Hughes
- Explore your own relationship to writing as a way to connect with what matters to you and how you make meaning in your life.
- Learn Practices to explore with yourself and clients based on weaving together landscapes of action, meaning and experience in writing in writing practices using re-membering practices;
- Connecting to mentors and other people to remind ourselves of our preferred practices and intentions as a therapist.
Sarah Hughes works as a Couple and and Family Therapist in Nelson, BC Canada. She was introduced to Narrative ideas through her work as the North American Distributor of Dulwich Publications throughout the 1990’s. She got the privilege of attending many of Michael White’s training and got inspired to do this kind of work herself. Along the way she also met many of Michael’s colleagues and friends including Peggy Sax who have helped her feed her passion for this work.
Here is an example of my writing inspired by narrative ideas.
Venue: Zoom Meeting Room
Venue Phone: https://zoom.us/j/8024720481
Venue Website: https://reauthoringteaching.com/venues/zoom-meeting-room/Address:
We use Zoom for “meetings on a cloud” that bring together faculty and participants from around the world. Whether for The Collab Salon or a course webinar, these meetings usually last about an hour (sometimes a bit longer, but usually not more than 1-1/2 hours). Events are recorded, and then become available on-demand afterwards to Collab Members – or course registrants – whether or not able to join in real time.
Steps to Participate
- Download Zoom (it’s free!)
- Sign up so we will reserve you a space
- When the time comes, join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8024720481
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16465588656,8024720481# or +14086380968,8024720481#
Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 802 472 0481
International numbers available:
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.