Poh is a Chinese Malaysian Australian woman who comes to her practice through multiple experiences and relationships as a narrative therapy practitioner, social worker, co-researcher of trauma/displacement, writer, teacher, film protagonist and creative consultant.
Since 2004 Poh has been engaged in therapeutic co-research with people and communities responding to themes of experience such as family and state violence, displacement (from rights, land, home, body, identity, relationships), liminality and reclaiming practices of staying with experience and preference. Creative and therapeutic fields intersected for Poh whilst working with people seeking asylum within a film project with director Gabrielle Brady, Island of the Hungry Ghosts (2018).
Poh is currently a freelancer creating crafted exercises and content to accompany people in their practices/projects/processes on Patreon alongside regularly tutoring, teaching and offering experiential workshops across therapeutic, creative and academic fields.
- teacher for the International teaching faculty of Dulwich Centre,
- honorary clinical fellow of the School of Social Work, University of Melbourne
- member of the International Advisory Committee of the Latin American Journal of Clinical Social Work.
- sessional workshop facilitator for
- KHM Academy of Media Arts Cologne, Germany
- Dokomotive Collective Cologne, Germany
- VCA Film and Television, Australia
- Attagirl for female and non-binary filmmakers, worldwide
- DocX Archive Lab Duke University, North Carolina, USA
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.