The course costs $120 with $20 extra for continuing education. Please register here.
- Describe multiple definitions of narrative therapy.
- List the intellectual ancestors influencing narrative therapy.
- Describe the three key ideas influencing narrative therapy: the role of questions, the narrative metaphor, and intentional understandings of identity.
- Explain four key ethics guiding a narrative approach: relational ethics, the decentered-influential therapeutic posture, staying close to people as center of their own lives, and reckoning with power.
- Identify “dividing practices” to engage with problems in ways that do not promote shame or blame of clients.
- Utilize therapeutic practices to incorporate audiences in efforts such as letter-writing campaigns, outsider witness practices, reflecting teamwork, Tree of Life gatherings, “reclaiming community,” and other community rituals.
Alliant International University is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Alliant maintains responsibility for the program and its content. Alliant is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing to provide continuing education for Nurses (provider # CEP11235).