Are you teaching at an academic institution? Are you looking for others who are teaching or researching narrative practice? Are you in search of narrative teaching materials?
Our Partners, Workshop Presenters, and Narrative Online Faculty are working together to build a supportive network and narrative practice resource library available to higher education institutions.
Our Shared Vision
After eight years of preparation, we are now equipped to:
- Create courses for academic programs. In collaboration with The Taos Institute, we’ve created a 13 week (full semester) course called Honoring our Legacy (see below).
- Offer an of our current courses (Narrative Therapy: Foundations & Key Concepts, Queer Counseling & Narrative Practice, An Introduction to Rich Story Development) to university and graduate programs. Currently, several professors and students are finding ways to pilot courses as independent study.
- Adapt any of the lessons in our online courses into learning modules to augment existing courses.
- Become a clearinghouse for faculty to find relevant videos, online presentations and other online resources to augment your courses.
- Develop a network of narrative teachers to exchange ideas, resources and contacts for teaching and research.
We need your help to make this vision come true of together “creating a collaboratory.” Please contact us here if you wish to join us in this venture!
The Narrative Educators Network
The Narrative Educators Network, hosted by California State University – San Bernardino, is an online, email based network for educators dedicated to the advancement of narrative education and training. We are happy to join this collaborative resource for conversation, sharing, and development of ideas related to the teaching and training of narrative and post modern education and counseling. Joining is easy. Simple follow this link provided and follow the subscription instructions. Once you subscribe, you will receive a welcome email that provides you with more information on how to make posts to the list. If you have technical difficulties or have any other questions about the list serve, please reach out the the list serve moderator, John Beckenbach at email@example.com. He is happy to help.